Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday in Saigon

Today was the last day of the Sunday swimming term with Mr Tony at AIS and the last day of the Rubba Duckies program for the girls now they are 4 years old.

We'll miss Mr Tony - they have graduated from little girls who wouldn't put their head under the water to being able to dive to the bottom and swim quite a distance.

Sad that it's over, but after 3 terms of swimming lessons I'm looking forward to getting our Sunday mornings back! May'be we can go away for a weekend here and there!



Georgia
Mackenzie

Another day, another car...


Yet another different car...

Between the car rental company constantly swapping our car for another (sometimes nice, sometimes not so nice) and our very naughty driver who keeps misbehaving (despite repeated warnings), we have decided to ditch the car at the end of the month.

We're hoping to find a private driver with his own car...hopefully someone who understands that lying and misbehaving are not qualities I look for in an employee!

 

If only Mackenzie could drive...I am sure she'd behave better than our current driver!

Today Lotta and I visited Chinatown in District 5 to shop for some arts and crafts supplies for the kids. I'm not really an arty person, but even I couldn't resist stocking up on packets of cute beads because they were so ridiculously cheap!

A packet of 300+ beads for 15,000 VND (that's less than $1)! The girls were pretty impressed with my stash when I got home! We had a very peaceful afternoon making beautiful bracelets and neckalaces.



No comments:

Post a Comment